Paris – Full time
Rarecells Diagnostics (www.rarecells.com, www.isetbyrarecells.com), is an innovative and dynamic company based in France and in the US, spin-off of Paris Descartes University, INSERM and APHP. Through its proprietary technology, the Isolation by Size or Tumor Cells (ISET®) for isolation and characterization of Circulating Tumor cells (CTC), internationally recognized by 80 independent scientific publications,Rarecells has provided a novel paradigm to the field of circulating tumor cells (CTC) as well as fetal cells and has implemented the ISET® technology in international Cancer Centers of excellence. Rarecells products have the IVD-CE mark.
The ISET® technology allows to extract CTC from blood without loss and keeping them intact for their reliable diagnosis. It is recognized by more than 76 scientific publications. It makes it possible to follow the patients with any type of solid cancer by simple blood test in order to adapt the treatments and to prevent the formation of the metastases. Moreover, unique in the world, it has been shown to be able to detect invasive cancers very early, before their detection by imaging.
See Arte channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbiH7axplbI
The Rarecells Diagnostics lab is fully equipped to perform technology developments, cell culture, cellular and molecular studies, immunolabelling and single cell genetic analysis. This includes a laser microdissection system, equipment for single cell micromanipulation as well as a three step forward PCR lab space and equipment. The team is working in public/private partnership and has also access to the fully equipped Institut Imagine CGH and Next generation sequencing platform (Life technology and Illumina instruments).
The candidate will be based at Rarecells Diagnostics and will report directly to Professor Patrizia Paterlini-Bréchot, MD, PhD., inventor of the ISET® Technology and Scientific Advisor of Rarecells Diagnostics
Full Time – Research Lab Director
Salary: According to experience
- Supervise and lead the R&D activity under the general guidance of Prof. Paterlini-Brechot: immunolabelling development, rare cells detection, CTC molecular analyses, cfDNA studies, single cell transcriptomic and genomic analyses and other possible applications in the field of liquid biopsy and implement de development program of Rarecells in the planned timeframe
- Responsible for the daily scientific activities of the laboratory including direct oversight of scientific design, planning and implementation as well as oversight of technical personnel and administrative duties
- Develop scientific collaborations to carry out the planned developments
- Remains current in the technologies used in the lab. Participates in improving operations of the lab, both administratively and scientifically. Recommends and implements changes
- Writes or is involved in writing scientific publications, communications, grant proposals or presentations
- Presents scientific work at local, national and international conferences or meetings and stays abreast of scientific advances in the field while at these meetings
- Participates in the Business Development activity of the company in collaboration with the Sales Director and the Founder
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing the budget of the lab.
Degree: PhD or MD/PhD
Experience in liquid biopsy (circulating tumor cells/cfDNA analysis)
Experience in Cellular and Molecular biology, Genetics and Single cell molecular analyses.
Experience in Management of R&D projects
Experience in developing partnership strategies, interaction with researchers and prospects
Compulsory English language Full proficiency.
Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting the lab and the company in agreement with the scientific management of Rarecells
Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovation and creativity to resolve issues
Ability to set goals and priorities. Make recommendations concerning the lab policies, practices and programs
Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the capability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations
Highly motivated, able to work independently, with good relationship and communication skills and strong interest in technology development with clinical impact.
To apply, please send a CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org